Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Best Practices for Naming Necromancers in Fantasy Worlds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Junior Hostboard Member hosejik986's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2024
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Best Practices for Naming Necromancers in Fantasy Worlds

    Hi everyone,

    I’m building a fantasy universe and need some powerful necromancer names for key antagonists. I want them to sound authentic, sinister, and memorable. I discovered this resource: necromancer names, which has a ton of suggestions.

    I’m curious how others pick names from necromancer names and make them fit their characters’ personalities. Are there methods for adding unique flair or cultural depth to the names? Any guidance would help me avoid clichés while keeping the names impactful.

  2. #2
    Junior Hostboard Member liwoh889's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2024
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Practices for Naming Necromancers in Fantasy Worlds

    A necromancer who commands shadows might have a sharper, harsher name like Veylric, while one who deals in ancient rituals could have something more flowing and archaic like Ery​ndor. Browsing necromancer names is great for inspiration, but I often tweak elements—adjust vowels, combine roots, or alter syllables—to add originality and depth.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •